In cooperation with University of Salzburg and Vrije Universiteit in Brussels, CMI at AAU will start offering a new international master education in Digital Communication Leadership (DCLead) in Autumn-2016.
Deadline for applications is 14 February 2016.
DCLead is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree co-funded by the European Union. The programme approaches the field of digital communication from an interdisciplinary and international point of view bringing together advanced academic discussion with practical knowledge and skills. The leadership-approach of this curriculum encompasses economic-managerial, technological and media and communication knowledge with social responsibility and ethical-cultural dimensions of digital communication. Students will gain knowledge, competencies and skills in several of the following fields: (new) media policies, business and economics of (new) media, media management, service design, network and service development, innovation studies, political economy and a European perspective on those fields.
The students of DCLead will spend a semester in Salzburg (Austria) and depending on their choice of specialization, two semesters in either Brussels (Belgium) or Copenhagen (Denmark). In the fourth semester and in order to prepare their thesis, students have the opportunity to receive additional training from one of the associated partners. All courses are held in English.
Thanks to the funding of the European Union, each year the DCLead Selection Board will allocate 14 scholarships to EU and non-EU citizens. The scholarship includes participation fees, insurance, travel costs (1,000-3,000 euro, depending on the place of residence of the candidate), installation costs (1,000 euro for non-EU students), and a stipend of 1,000 euro per month for a maximum of 24 months.
The Master in Digital Communication Leadership is offered by:
- University of Salzburg, Austria
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Aalborg University in Copenhagen, Denmark
in collaboration with the following associated partners:
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), United States
- Ghana Telecom University College (GTUC), Ghana
- Universidade Federal do Recôncavo da Bahia, Bresil
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia
- Journalism School at Fudan University, China
- Association of Commercial Television in Europe (ACT), Belgium
- Red Bull Media House GmbH, Austria
- Sky Deutschland Fernsehen GMBH & COKG, Germany
- Teracom A/S, Denmark
For information, please visit www.dclead.eu