02.07.2020 kl. 16.00 - 18.00
CMI is co-organising a webinar on
Intercultural Communication and Neighbourness Learning
The seminar is Organised by Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UNICATT) ITALY, and the WeLearn Research Team
WeLearn - Intercultural Communication and Neighbourness Learning is a project aiming at promoting intercultural and neighbourness skills in the learning activities in Higher Education. It is carried out by the collaboration among six academic institutions: Tampere University, Film University Babelsberg, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Aalborg University, Suleyman Demirel University, and Riga Technical University.
Neighbourness refers to the ability of living and learning together, and represents today an urgent need, due to the increase of human mobility on one hand, and of the technological hyper connectivity on the other hand. Neighbourness is an important set of competences in present disruptive, fluid and complex times, where citizens (and particularly younger generations) increasingly look at global horizons, while being at risk of losing interest for local roots and sense of belonging.
The internationalisation of higher education, linked to the increased freedom of students’ and teachers’ movement, plays here an important role. And universities are therefore called to design and adopt tools that help academics to promote the development of neighbourness competences, through innovative intercultural pedagogy practices and tools, accompanied by adequate university internationalisation strategies and practices.
Do you want to know more about neighbourness competency and how to foster them?
- The WeLearn project - Ilona Ilvonen, TAU
- Towards a Neighbourness Competence Model – Maura Di Mauro, UNICATT
- The reasons to spread the development of these competence through HEI – Daniela Bolzani, UNICATT
- Q&A Session
- University internationalisation strategies - Kārlis Valtiņš, RTU
- Practices and Tools – Maura Di Mauro, UNICATT and Björn Stockleben, FUBKW
- The WeLearn Online Library – Muhammed Demirbilek, SDU
- WeLearn Consortium Pedagogical Framework - Ilona Ilvonen, TAU
- Groups discussion
- WeLearn Future Methodological Development - Williams Idongesit, AAU and Kārlis Valtiņš, RTU
- Q&A Session
Click here to register to participate in the webinar taking place on July 2nd at 4:00-6:00 PM CET (5:00 PM +3 GMT time, 10 AM EDT time, 7:30 PM IST time).
Once registered, you'll get the link to participate in the online event via email the day before the event.